Monday, January 19, 2009

My Little Poppy Seed

So I am about 4 weeks along today. Here is what they say about the 4 weeks point...





"This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period. From now until 10 weeks, all of your baby's organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function.

"Right now your baby is an embryo the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of her organs and body parts will develop."

That is the short version of course. But it's so cute to think right now it is the size of a poppy seed. They say that I don't need to go to the doctor until 8 weeks. Maybe that is when they can hear the heartbeat. I can't wait for that.

So I have also tried the Chinese gender calculator thingy- which is supposed to predict the sex of the child by using the conception date and mothers age. I did it a few times and I have gotten both boy and girl the same amount of times. It's interesting how that works :) So I guess it is 50/50 still :)

So yeah still excited but I do worry some. I want to start making blankies!

No comments:

Post a Comment