Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My 1rst Doctors Appointment

So it went ok. My blood pressure was high 141/92 I think. They took it again before I left and it was 137/78 so better but the top number was still high.

They did blood work and a few tests and a bunch of questions. Both the nurse and the doctor remembered me from my previous visit and were excited for me.

So I have to do a 24 hour urine collection so they can have a base reading in case there are future blood pressure problems.

We set the sonogram appointment for next Thursday at 9:45am. I am excited about getting to see that little bean. After that appointment we will be going on our trip to Portland and Seattle. I spoke with the doctor about it and she said we could go and make the next appointment for when we get back.

She also told me to take my blood pressure at home with an arm cuff instead of the wrist cuff I have been using. But if my blood pressure continues to be high at the doctors office I will have to start seeing a high risk doctor for this pregnancy as well as seeing her.

So that is that. I guess we will just have to see how it all goes. Keep us in your thoughts/prayers (whatever you do). I want this baby to be healthy and I of course will do what I need to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment